I’m partway finished with the bed curtains. It was a bear to hang the curtain rod, and I apparently mis-measured the alcove opening by something like two centimeters when I ordered it. I had thought it would fit right into the opening, but instead I had to install it just outside. But it’s up now, and apparently holding. I’ve got two of what will eventually be four curtains up. I’ll have to wash the other two and then hem all four of them, but so far so good:
I also need to find some of the little plastic brackets that are used for attaching wires to walls here in Norway so that I can hang my Christmas lights along the inside of the curtain rod. If I’m going for girlish, I need to go all the way!